Photo by Sarah Stucky Photography

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

June 15, and all is well :)

Psalm 25:4-6 

Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.


 Here is our sweetie today... playing with a dinosaur; 









And his newest silly face.  He makes this while saying "Ohhhhh"  : 



Matthew is doing well.  Thank you for your continued prayers as he heals.  It hasn't been easy for him by any means, but he has been completely taken care of by our God and he is getting better.  He still cries sometimes when he fills his diaper, and he has had a horrible rash on his bottom :( -- for the first week or so he would "go" about 11-15 times a day and it just was miserable for Matthew.   I've tried every trick it the book to help him and lately it seems as though having a chance to air out and a lot of plain corn starch over the diaper creams has helped make it better.   And it helps that the frequency is getting less.  The surgeon says we can expect it to be about 5-7 times a day 

I'm praying for healing!! That God will heal the rash, heal the intestine and help Matthew to gain good control in time.  Matthew really is getting better every day, and I'm thankful that he won't really remember a lot of this pain and surgery and struggle he's had.   It is amazing to me how God has made our body so resilient, to be able to bounce back and adjust to having function without a large intestine.   God truly is so good.





Here are some recent pictures from our trip to a park on Sunday afternoon : 




































1 comment:

  1. What a cute blog and a wonderful way to keep up with your family! so happy to hear your son is doing well! I left you a present on my blog today! Come see me!

    ReplyDelete